The mission of the Sergeants Major Association is to build camaraderie, promote high morale and esprit-de-corps among its members through membership meetings, social gatherings, fund raisers, recognize outstanding members, participation in ceremonies, and other activities as representing true support to the Soldiers, Veterans, Fort Gordon and the CSRA community.
Annual disability adjustment
13 Oct 2021
Military.com | By Jim Absher
Military retirees and veterans receiving disability payments from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will see their paychecks go up by 5.9% for 2022, triggered by inflation and an annual adjustment to the federal Cost of Living Allowance (COLA).
That annual adjustment has averaged around 1.5% for the last 10 years.
The adjustment rate was announced Wednesday by the Social Security Administration. The VA is required by law to alter disability payment rates by that amount. While military retirement is not legally required to follow suit, the change
- President: CSM. Aubrey Russell
- 1st Vice President: CSM. (R) Isreal Butler
- 2nd Vice President: CSM. (R)Clark Dimery Sr
- Secretary: CSM. (R)Vernetta M. Lewis
- Treasure: SGM. (R) Alfred Simmons
- Awards: CSM. (R) Albert Steele
- Publicity: CSM. James Jetton
- Membership: SGM. Maureen Farrar
- SMA Chaplain: CSM. (R) Doug Howard